• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

What's the deal w/ StopZilla...???

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark4man
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: What's the deal w/ StopZilla...??? Reply with quote

hello...

my question is...IS there a viable alternative to StopZilla...???

I have it at present...on my pc (win 7 pro), but...it takes SO LONG to load...I'm wondering if there's an alternative.

&...beyond their walk-thru phone support system whereby they claim to be able to recover ANY computer after hacked, horsed, wared, virused or whatever...what exactly do they do that windows firewall (or other security apps) don't do...???

right now...I am running...AVG Anti-Virus 2012 & System Mechanic 10.8.5.

if I dump StopZilla (at over $200 annually) & turn windows firewall on...do I really need anything else beyond the above...???

thanx,

mark4man
Mongrel
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark4man

I can't answer to the viability of StopZilla but I CAN speak to best practices in desktop security.

For the $200 you could get a WAILIN' hardware firewall/protective device that makes Windows Firewall look like a childs toy. I only pay $60 a year for Norton Internet Security and get live chat, telephone, and email support that is second to none. The program manages just about every possible aspect of security.

There will always be debates about who is best and that will tear any app to shreds. It's all to what you think is best and for my money, Norton/Symantec has been the best since the 1990's when Peter Norton was still around.

The fewer conflicting security applications you have the less chance of lockups, false positives/negatives, and incompatibilities you will encounter.

Just my 2 cents,
Mongrel

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: