• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

3G Broadband stick on Mac

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xiehung
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: 3G Broadband stick on Mac Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a MAC Book Pro. Currently having problem to install my 3G broadband stick to get internet. It is Huawei E160E. Can someone please help me? Can't seem to get a proper answer or driver on the internet. XD

Admin, if this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it to a proper one. But let me know which one after! lol ... thanks
graycat
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see it is OS X compatible so it will just be a case of tracking down the relative software and driver.

I had a similar issue with the Vodafone 3G dongle and my MacBook years ago and just needed to locate the correct software from their website.
georgec
SF Staff
SF Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, the drivers would be installed on the USB modem, so all you have to do is connect your device and then wait for the installation wizard to appear. Then, your driver may be old and not compatible with the MAC OS, check the vendor's site for the latest software as graycat suggested.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: