• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

BIG PROBLEM WITH MY PC (XP sp2)help me please, please :(

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kliment
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: BIG PROBLEM WITH MY PC (XP sp2)help me please, please :( Reply with quote

The problem is that after formatting (3 times) and installing Windows XP SP2, few days later the computer stops working, some Windows files are missing, it all begins with normal usage or when the computer is idle, it ends with no other option then reboot. Then, Windows won't reboot, saying that a system file is missing (and the OS was recently installed). Is it a virus, the Windows copy or a hardware problem?

help me please, please pls pls

I use AVG and Avast anti virus , my driver is new version, windows i copy but a good copy it,s work on my second computer good,I use some programs but it is from official web side od the program (Cubase, goutar rig3,amplitube 2, toons ezdrummer, fxpansion) the last time (last formating) I wasn't instal program just XP and problem is exist ....
thanks ...
Vimal Dhiman
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hello,
I am not sure but did you try your hard disk in other system.connect it to antivirus installed computer and then scan it..i have face same problame but i connect it with other system and scan it i found a virus there after clean it.its working fine......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also might want to consider running CHKDSK /R on the drive - it could be that you have some bad sectors that are impacting the system files
AdamV
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't run two antivirus programs at the same time , they will almost certainly fight each other for resources and file access. This can not only kill your machine's available resources, but potentially reduce their ability to actually detect problems.

Just run one in live scanning mode, and if you really want to then keep another around, not in active / scanning / protection mode and just run it manually from time to time (after temporarily turning the other one off).
MelenG
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Registry cleaner Reply with quote

Have you tried system restore? Access system restore via computer safe mode. If this does not work try getting Windows registry cleaner help. Sometimes upgrades cause registry issues, when these happen some computer functionalities usually suffer.

The registry cleaner should be able to help remove or fix the registry issues and restore your computer back to its normal state. Hope this helps Smile
jhonas
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i think it might be possible if you do format all the hard disk and then try again by installing new operating system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: