• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

iPad/GMail Security Breach?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopepom
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: iPad/GMail Security Breach? Reply with quote

I recently purchased an iPad in the UK and set it up to have it use my GoogleMail account. Within 24 hours, my GMail account had been hacked and used to contact scores of people on my contact list, using a list that was at least a year old. This hack attack was a rather crude attempt to scam money from my friends. This caused no end of difficulty for me and some consternation on the part of my non-technical friends and contacts, including my bank manager.

I am now trying to figure out if the breach was an iPad breach or a GMail breach.

My suspicion is that the hack attack was the result of a weakness in the iPad security.

The purpose of this post is to invite evidence or comments from others who may have had similar difficulties with the iPad/GMail combo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: