• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

hii I have question to ask can anyone help

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackin9
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: hii I have question to ask can anyone help Reply with quote

what is the conflict between forensic analysis and business process...can anyone help me how to write the answer to this...
j7
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, usually you take the affected computer offline when you do forensics. But if the affected computer is an important web server doing e-commerce, then there's a conflict I think.
srohrbach
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: hii I have question to ask can anyone help Reply with quote

hackin9 wrote:
what is the conflict between forensic analysis and business process...can anyone help me how to write the answer to this...

My experience of this conflict is those who drive the security processes model often do not see their efforts as serving the greater business needs. They seem themselves as more important than the business goals. This is the result of a poorly originated and poorly managed security policy that did not take the needs and goals of the business model and the necessary security and forensic processes into consideration. There is a condition under which as noted in the response above that for accurate and effective forensics, the cpu in question is removed and taken out of service, and this may impact the business model negatively. The goal of an effective security policy is to always serve the business model by preventing and mitigating breaches and security problems that require forensic research and therefore negatively impact the business processes. Too often security people see themselves as being superior to the business model when in fact they are there to serve the business goals of the organization.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: