• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Problem with AD

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lizam1977
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Problem with AD Reply with quote

Hi,

I have 3 domain controllers and I have noticed suspicious activity in the Services console.

In 1st Server:

Service Name: dlwnimsy

Display Name: Boot Helper

Description: Coordinates transactions that are distributed across two or more databases, message queues, file systems, or other transaction protected resource managers.

Path to executable: C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

Startup Type: Automatic

Service status: starting.

In 2nd server:

Service Name: efgmvc

Display Name: Center System

Description: Allows Backup Exec job engine to discover to discover .....

Path to executable: C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

Startup Type: Automatic

Service status: starting.

In the above cases, these services did not exist before. I suspect it is new virus or something. For these AD servers, I cannot run AD consoles (Active Directory Users and COmputers, Active Directory Sites and Services, etc.) as I get this error:

Naming information cannot be located because:

The server is not operational. Contact your system administrator to verify that your domain is properly configured and is currently online.

However, when I use my Exchange server and use MMC, I can connect to the above servers, which means the AD services are running.

I tried to boot up the domain controller server in safe mode but when I try to disable the service, I get this error: Access Denied. How do I stop this service (set startup type to Disable)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: