• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

email security and anonymity

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scyrus.dury
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: email security and anonymity Reply with quote

I'm trying to come up with a way to secure my emails w/o too much hassle. Encryption isn't an option as most of the people I email use web based email accounts.
One of the ideas I have is to use something like TrueCrypt and email the "drive" I create with it. I can create a 1mb file and stick a word or txt file in it and use it like an envelope. Even if one of the emails is sniffed or taken from the server the person would still have to crack the TrueCrypt file to read the contents of the email.

I'd like to know what you gus think or if I'm going overboard and there's an easier way to my madness.

Thanks for looking
SD
mrsaftey2010
Spammer
Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i know this is abit of a late post, but i have been using an email encryption which is online and its completley free to use with no signup for added security, so you can send emails to your webmail based friends using completeley secure encryption with no software needed. http://encryptoemail.com
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm Confused this encrypttoemail seems a bit dubious. I wouldn't just trust any security company, especially one that doesn't display a privacy policy, contact us or even state in which country they are based.

On another note, your original solution is way to complicated. If systems are to complicated people will not use them no matter how secure it makes things. There are plenty of solutions which people could use which are far more automated such as PGP or GPG.

Fire Ant
gvdata
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Email encryption Reply with quote

This may not be what you're looking for since it isn't a free solution, but my company offers a hosted email encryption service that should work for you. When you send an encrypted email to someone who doesn't use the service (for example, using a webmail client), they get a link to a secured webpage where they can view the encrypted message.
You can check us out at www.greenviewdata.com/encryption. If you give us a call (1-800-458-3348) we can probably give you a good discount, since we're running some promotions now for the company's 30th anniversary.
rakot
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: email security and anonymity Reply with quote

scyrus.dury wrote:
I'm trying to come up with a way to secure my emails w/o too much hassle. Encryption isn't an option as most of the people I email use web based email accounts.
One of the ideas I have is to use something like TrueCrypt and email the "drive" I create with it. I can create a 1mb file and stick a word or txt file in it and use it like an envelope. Even if one of the emails is sniffed or taken from the server the person would still have to crack the TrueCrypt file to read the contents of the email.

I'd like to know what you gus think or if I'm going overboard and there's an easier way to my madness.

Thanks for looking
SD

i think here is tool you need http://eztun.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: