• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

What Linux/Unix Distributions Are You Running?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rawshock
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've distro hopped sooo much, but I mostly use Ubuntu now (easy to use), have used Debian, Arch (v.customizable), OpenSuse, Knoppix, Fedora, Gentoo ... and others Very Happy
RoboGeek
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ubuntu sux!

Its bloated, it screws itself up with updates, and it never seems to detect hardware correctly. Its the Vista of the linux world!

By far the best I've used (and I use many!) is Mepis (for desktop system). It runs on anything I've tried it on, have it on all my laptops, and it runs all my VM's on another machine. I'm posting from my main system thats running Mepis 6. It hasn't had any issues, so I haven't upgraded.

I use Helix for forensics work, and data recoveries to some extent. I have a modded Knoppix setup, and a mepis 8 drive that runs the majority of my data recovery stuff.

I use Backtrack for the obvious stuff, and SME server for any servers I sell

Rescue linux and PC Logon Now to edit registries and change lost passwords on systems

IP Cop, ebox, smoothwall and others too

I also have sabayon running on one of my laptops - just for the effects of the compiz cube, and what you can do to customize your desktop. I use it when I give speeches for the 'wow' factor

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> UNIX // GNU/Linux All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: