• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Computer hanging and turning off - Need help diagnosing

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MifuneKinski
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Computer hanging and turning off - Need help diagnosing Reply with quote

Recently my computer began acting strange (turning off randomly after 10 or 15 minutes, especially it seems when listening to music or video. The screen will become unresponsive then the mouse stops and the music hangs.) I thought maybe this was some malware but I've been informed that

"Your log looks clean.

Quote:
Computer hangs after about 10 minutes of being on

This does not sound like a malware problem, more likely a applications, hardware, driver or memory probelm. I only fix malware problems. "

Which brings me to my question, based on that analysis or perhaps your own, do you have any suggestions or reccomendations? I was honestly hoping it was malware because that's easier to deal with for me. Beyond that, i'm searching in the dark.

Thanks for any help
mariajones
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friends
Maybe it's a Virus activity if you have an antivirus scan your Pc for bad objects if the scan shows that evrything is ok the problem is maybe in your Hardware Open your Pc & check the CPU cooler's fan if it's proprely working if it is then check the main power cell. I had a similar problem my pc keep turning off & by changing it the problem was gone
If the problem persists well see an expert

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: