• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

how to get rid of this adware?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrwonker
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: how to get rid of this adware? Reply with quote

Hi, I have recently picked up some form of adware and am really struggling to find a way of getting rid of it the trouble is, is that the symptoms of this adware is 1. it is redirecting web pages and 2. its stopping programs from updating my windows update has stopped working but more importantly any of the spyware/adware programs I have tried it stops me from updating the database files making them useless, please could someone help me with this issue.
thanks.
moondoggie
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can't get any malware scanners to load, you should try installing avast antivirus and running a boot time virus scan. make sure you install the program, tell it to run a boot time scan, then install the latest update packages (which you can download from their website on a good computer if you have to), *then* reboot your computer. avast should at least get you to a point where you can install a better scanner to clean out the rest.
bfarmer
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: how to get rid of this adware? Reply with quote

Download combofix from bleepingcomputer.com and run it. Read the instructions that pop up on the screen. If it won't run, try renaming it, if it still doesn't run try changing the file extension from .exe to .com. Also try safe mode to run it and disconnect from the internet.
mrwonker
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: thanks sorted now Reply with quote

thanks for both of your sugestions decided to try bfarmers sugestion first as i already have avg anti-virus and didnt want to install another if i didnt need to, and thankfully this seems to have sorted it so thanks again to both of you.
bfarmer
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: thanks sorted now Reply with quote

mrwonker wrote:
thanks for both of your sugestions decided to try bfarmers sugestion first as i already have avg anti-virus and didnt want to install another if i didnt need to, and thankfully this seems to have sorted it so thanks again to both of you.

Don't go away yet, you probably aren't done. There are a few other scans I suggest.
Run fsecure blacklight or rootkit revealer.
Run antimalware from malwarebytes.com
run ccleaner, both the registry tool then the cleaner tool.
SifuMike
Deceased
Deceased

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert.

It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert, not for private use Exclamation

Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
desinet1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malwarebytes offers a good software for cleaning spywares. You can try that.
jhonas
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By using antispyware software you can get rid of these adwares and spywares. Because these are the specially designed softwares to remove spywares from pc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: