• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Bitdefender

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylo2bs
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Bitdefender Reply with quote

A friend's machine is currently infected with a few trojans and various other things, and they are using bitdefender security software. When i run a scan, bitdefender finds about 9 items that it can't do anything about. It normally has options to delete or quarantine, but for these the only option is "do nothing". Is there any way to run bitdefender and get rid of these problems? I'd rather not have to install a different antivirus software. Should i just submit a hijackthis log and get it over with, or is there an easier way?

Thanks for your help!
Elderan
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
use a linux live cd, e.g. Ubuntu, download & install a free virus scanner and run the test again.
To clean the own infected system is for the system really hard.
wael32gh
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I have same situation with BitDefender. The guys in the support told me to have my software updated Up-To-Day and run Full deep scan for the entire system and the system will find the viruses and remove them. You can try BitDefender removal tools founded in the Website; they are great ! And also AntiDisabledFeatures tool which stops annoying disabled features.

I like BitDefender Internet security the most.
BitDefender is rated for the best Antivirus in the world.
jhonas
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to update your software. Then scan your entire pc with Bit defender to find the viruses and remove them.
maggiethomas
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to update you antivirus then start a full scan. If not solved please try a different antivirus software like AVG, Kaspersky, Norton etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Security Related Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: