• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

mounting

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hush
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: mounting Reply with quote

I have an issue that is driving me mad.

There is a share point on an xserve and the clients are able to access this using afp.

This one mac can no longer connect to the share point (the rest can) and connectivity is fine.

I have also attempted to connect using smb but this does not work. I have used the go – connect to server and also a command line. I have attempted to use third party applications unsuccessfully. There is no information in the logs with regards to this.

When attempting to connect the system 'hangs'.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or know of the relevant part of the OS that is used in mounting (as I could then investigate this further and possibly replace the files) any suggestions would be great.

hush
blackcivic
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you able to ping the xserve?

When you are trying to connect to the share point, are you connecting by \\ipaddress\sharename or \\servername\sharename?

Are you able to connect to other shares on your network? If not then it might a issue with the dns...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: