• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Too hot for wireless router in attic?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
projectpete
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Too hot for wireless router in attic? Reply with quote

Hello,

I live on florida and the attic gets DAMN hot in the summer, I was thinking of putting my wireless router in the exact center of the house but in the attic ensuring i get a good signal all over the house since in some corners of the house i get a very weak signal.

Do you think it is too hot to put a wireless router in an attic? Also do you think it would be a fire hazard?
Groovicus
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is strictly an opinion, but there is no way I would put my router in an attic. My particular router lists 131° F as the top of the operating range. I've spent enough time blowing insulation into attics to know that 140° F is not at all unusual (in South Dakota). I doubt it would be a fire hazard, but I don't think it would last very long.

The other problem with an attic is that the humidity rate can fluctuate wildly. Coupled with excessive heat, I think you are asking for trouble.
projectpete
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, thats what i was wondering, thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: