• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

please help with MAC OS 10.2

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pythonh22
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: please help with MAC OS 10.2 Reply with quote

I have a mac with an OS10 system which was updated to OS10 about a year ago. I am having problems: my computer is dying.
First of all, the computer has slowed down to a crawl. Also, when I logged onto my system from an outside computer, I noticed files on the hard drive that I do not see when I am directly on my computer. I am running Sophos antivirus, but I think it doesn't work.
I tried downloading Norton anti-virus, but the Norton didn't install properly.

I do not know what to do. I have never actually used a mac before (it's not mine, I just said I'd help fix it). I don't know what the best programs are to clean it up, or what programs to use to run a system sweep.

please help; your suggestions will be much appreciated.

-python
wtshaw
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: update OSX Reply with quote

As of today, OS 10.3.8 is what I have. Because the automatic update could not work through my firewalls, my dealer burned me a CD.
arcsine
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a program called Mac Janitor.

http://www.download.com/MacJanitor/3000-2274_4-10227094.html

This will allow you to do some possibly much needed built in house keeping that is scheduled in the middle of the night but doesn't happen unless the computer is on.

Another step is to empty the browser cache, history, and automatic form filling areas.

Honestly, there is one indispensable repair program. DiskWarrior from Alsoft. http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Macintosh All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: