• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

DriveCrypt Plus Pack-2.60- Unable to Boot XP after Uninstall

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motionman
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: DriveCrypt Plus Pack-2.60- Unable to Boot XP after Uninstall Reply with quote

After decrypiting my drive,disabling BootAuth, and uninstalling DCCP-2.60 and restarting Win-XP, I got a boot-error message: " NTLDR IS MISSING "

I was finally able to boot into Windows, using the DriveCrypt Emergency floppy disk that I had created. It requires me enter my original password, even though I had disabled BootAuth and had uninstalled the program.

I did a search for the NTLDR file, and found it on my drive intact with the right filesize.

Can anyone help me fix my OS so that it will boot normally without the aid of the Emergency Disk ?
Swifty
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try performing a system restore to an earlier date and see if that works. If not try coping the ntldr & ntdetect.com from your Windows CD and replacing them with the ones already installed and then reboot.

Try checking your boot.ini file for any configurations that DC may of made to it and edit them accordingly.

Have a look at this before attemping to edit your boot.ini http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000492.htm

Also have a look at this: Clickity click
Ralle
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try booting off a floppy or CD and see if your data is still encrypted. If not then contact securstar and ask them how to decrypt it. If it is decrypted then try installing a new Master Boot Record

Last edited by Ralle on Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Peabody
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be an emergency console program called fixmbr (or mbrfix) when you boot from your windows XP CD. Also, you can use fdisk /mbr to write a clean master boot record.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: