Cha-cha-changes!

Networking/Security Forums -> General Chat

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Cha-cha-changes!
    ----
After two decades of using laptops, my wife has decided to go back to her roots and has ordered a Dell DESKTOP for her home office.

Of course I've always had a desktop around during the years... it's what records my security cameras. But I've mostly been doing my computing on a laptop and once in awhile a tablet.

So what's next? A wristwatch I can watch The Big Bang Theory on?

Author: alt.don PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:
    ----
New computer stuff is always nice so good for her. It certainly seems as if everything is becoming IP enabled these days.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
She is unhappy that she is getting stuck with Windows 8 ... she wanted Windows 7. And I'm totally surprised she isn't getting the touch-tech monitor.

Author: alt.don PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Unless she really needs Windows just install a flavor of Linux. She would be fine with it as I don't think she is a huge gamer. Windows is fine I just prefer Linux myself.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:
    ----
As an update: She has gone back to laptops while that new desktop sits in her office gathering dust! She refuses to talk about it ... and I don't mention it ... grin.

Networking/Security Forums -> General Chat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1