screen turned black, but laptop is still running?

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

Author: bradjohn PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: screen turned black, but laptop is still running?
    ----
I was wondering what happened to my Toshiba Satellite's screen. Okay, to admit it, I smacked the screen of the laptop because of my anger issues, and all of a sudden, it turned black. But, sometimes, it'll give a flash in the bottom right corner of the desktop. It still opens, runs, and you can practically do anything still if it wasn't for seeing.

What should I do, and what happened to it?

Author: georgec PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Take it to a repair center, most probably your screen is broken!

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Odds are extremely high you have damaged the display hardware in the top of your laptop. To test this, plug a monitor into your video out port located either on the back side or side of the laptop near the hinge. If the external monitor displays normally, then you are lucky and only need to repair/replace the laptop screen components.

If it doesn't display properly, you may have done damage to the motherboard as well, and it may not be worth repairing.

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1