Avira Antivir Personal

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

Author: chukeej PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Avira Antivir Personal
    ----
I have downloaded the latest Avira Antivir version: 10.0.0.648 to my 2000 WinXP Home/SP1 (note: I recently 'restored' my pc with the Restore CD and had to reinstall SP1 to begin with). Now I am trying to install the Avira .exe d/load, and getting the foll. error msg:
"Avira Antivir Personal requires at least Windows 2000, SP4 and Update Rollup1. Error code: 20"
I need this protection for my pc ASAP and would appreciate any replies on how to solve this problem. Thanks.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You need to install Windows 2000 SP4 before installing Avira, as the error message states.

You can download it from here.

Author: chukeej PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject:
    ----
ryansutton wrote:
You need to install Windows 2000 SP4 before installing Avira, as the error message states.

You can download it from here.

Thank u very much for ur reply. However, I had no previous problem installing Avira, until I just 'restored' my pc from the Restore CD.
There was no previous error msg requesting install of Windows 2000/SP4.
So why now this error msg? Can someone here recommend a relatively effective Antivirus - low on MB resources? Would appreciate replies.

Author: georgec PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject:
    ----
With the restore process your system was downgraded to SP1!!!!! Hence, you need to update it with SP4

Author: maggiethomas PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject:
    ----
I think the error you are getting could be the reason of old version sp1, You need to install Windows 2000 SP4 before installing Avira.

Author: maggiethomas PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject:
    ----
I think the error you are getting could be the reason of old version sp1, You need to install Windows 2000 SP4 before installing Avira.

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1