Automatic Virus Eradication & Removal Tool

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

Author: weirddemon PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Automatic Virus Eradication & Removal Tool
    ----
Hey everyone. I hope this is the right place to post this, and if not, please let me know so I can alert a mod or you can report this post so they can be alerted that way Smile

I've just joined security-forums because I want to spread the word about a new tool I created that I believe will be a huge help in removing viruses called AVERT.

You can view my website to check it out: http://avertsoftware.com/

I used to work for Best Buy's Geek Squad and they had an internal tool called L.A.S.E.R. I can't remember what the acronym means, but it was this amazing tool.

It's sole purpose was to run hardware and anti-malware scans and if the customer paid for it, the tool would remove all infections found. The greatest thing about it, was that it utilized a bunch of different command line scanners to remove viruses automatically.

The key word here, is automatically. I'm sure most of us has had family members and friends bring us their computers when they had a virus and to remove viruses, we have to run several different scanners just to make sure it's clean.

Which means this:

1. Install scanner one and pray it installs.
2. Update scanner and pray it updates
3. Run scanner
4. Walk away
5. Come back, realize it isn't done and come back later
6. Repeat step five
7. Success!
8. Repeats steps 1 through 6 for each scanner.

Pretty annoying, huh?

This is almost always the exact process we use anytime a computer is already infected. Antivirus apps are awesome and most of them do a great job, but once a machine is infected, it's highly unlikely one app will completely clean it.

So, don't you think it would be nice to have a tool like Geek Squad's L.A.S.E.R. and not pay 200 USD for each scan?

Yeah. Me too.

This is why I made AVERT.

AVERT utilizes 7 command line scanners to fully clean an infected machine. You can choose to run 1 or all 7 scanners and then each scanner has additional options:
http://p1cture.me/images/61484547092185191213.jpg

AVERT also utilizes CCleaner to clean temp file locations.

Each app used in AVERT is free and does not have to be installed. These are the steps you can take now:

1. Run AVERT
2. Select 'Complete Scans' & hit run
3. Success!

More or less anyway

This is AVERT's Order of Operation:

1. Create temporary directories
2. Unzip CCleaner (If applicable)
3. Run CCleaner (If applicable)
4. Unzip scanners
5. Update signatures for selected scanners
6. Run scans
7. Log results

The logs are kept on the machine and you can use AVERT later to view the logs to see how many infections were found for each scanner and how many infections each scanner removed. The totals for all are also shown.

All of the scanners in AVERT are free, but there are two exceptions. 1. Panda does not provide free signatures. AVERT does include some signatures, but for the latest signatures, you'll need to purchase a license, any license, from Panda and save your credentials in the settings window. 2. AviraAntivir command line scanner is also free, but you need to purchase a license in order to use it. In Avira's directory, you'll find a license file (HBEDV.KEY). You'll need to put this file in the AviraAntivir command line zip file (\AVERT\Scanners\AviraAntivir\scancl.zip).

I think that's it! Using AVERT is super easy, but if you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

Thanks!

Download at http://www.avertsoftware.com/downloads.html and be sure to read the FAQ section.

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Sounds like a great program and great concept, but unfortunately, needing to purchase updates kills it for me. Sad

Back to ComboFix, Malwarebytes, and Avast for now...

Author: weirddemon PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You make it sound as if AVERT cannot be used without paying. If you're referring to signatures, you have the choice of purchasing signatures for Panda and Avira, but if you don't, you can still use 6 of the 7 scanners and get the latest signatures for 5 of the scanners. Panda can still be used without a license because they have allowed me to package some signatures with the initial package.

But like I mentioned, AVERT is free and be used effectively without paying for signatures.

Also, I've identified 2, maybe 3 more free scanners and wwill be adding them to AVERT as soon as I can

Author: izangLocation: Philippines PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject:
    ----
Reading at your post, I find AVERT interesting, I thought I could download this for free but it seems that you have to donate some money before you can have this.

Author: weirddemon PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject:
    ----
izang wrote:
Reading at your post, I find AVERT interesting, I thought I could download this for free but it seems that you have to donate some money before you can have this.

I'd appreciate it if you did donate, but I don't require that you do. Just go to the AVERT download page click on "AVERT Package."

AVERT, itself, is free and always will be.

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1