Encrypt internet traffic for whole network

Networking/Security Forums -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

Author: hasana PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Encrypt internet traffic for whole network
    ----
Hey guys, I am interested in using VPN to encrypt traffic and show a different IP address, but only for certain ports. E.g encrypt only bittorrent traffic but for everyone on the network.

My router, a dg834g uses the dgteam firmware, and the router does seem to have vpn capabilities.

I want to know if this is possible?

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject:
    ----
Dude, you might as well have written the following:

Quote:
Hi, I am a software pirate and I am illegally using my work internet connection to download copyrighted material. Please help me steal.

Author: hasana PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I used that as an example for the first thing that popped into my head at the time, I could have used IRC as an example. Please don't jump to conclusions.

Author: manoj9372 PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: hhhhmmmm
    ----
what about using SSH?
it is easy to set-up on any ports,it provides you encrypted connection ...

Author: krugger PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject:
    ----
What you are looking for is VPN split tunneling.

But most of the times you will not be able to create a VPN to the outside from a corporate network.

Maybe what you really want is to use encrypted versions of the protocols you use. For example, HTTP has HTTPS, bittorrent has PE, MSE, PHE, and IRC has SILC or various other plugins.

Networking/Security Forums -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1