USB Drive with manual write switch

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: MDPuckett84 PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: USB Drive with manual write switch
    ----
Good Morning,
I'm on the hunt for a usb thumb drive that has a manual switch to prevent writing data to the drive as it will frequently be used in infected machines. These seem to be pretty rare these days but I was hoping someone here is familiar with a currently produced model? 8 or 16gb would be a big plus as well.
Thanks,
Matthew

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
A number of vendors make these. Here is an 8GB model:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141487

Author: MDPuckett84 PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Do you have this model? I saw that one but could not see a switch anywhere in the pictures, but I can't see the other side either.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I do not have one of these.

Author: IgnatiusLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I got some from Maplin about 6 months ago. They're made by PQI and have a write protect switch on the end.

Author: divengrabberLocation: uk PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject:
    ----
i never use this type of USB drive. if you have please show me picture of them.

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1