Helping My Computer and Me

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: Tallulah PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Helping My Computer and Me
    ----
Just wanted to post a comment in regards to this site. I want to thank all the people who devote their time to help others resolve their computer problems.
I'm disabled and due to the nature of my disability, I'm unable to leave my home. My computer is my only connection to the outside world so it plays a vital roll in my life. Being on a fixed income, getting my computer fixed is a luxury I can ill afford. So you can imagine how greatful I am to find such a forum to help me resolve my computer problems.
All that said, again I want to give my most sincere thank you for all who help people with their computer problems. For someone in my situtation, your doing more then just helping me with my computer issues.

Best Regards
Tallulah

Author: MarkRLocation: N. Ireland PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject:
    ----
HEy dude it's great to than kthe community for teir help. Us technical guys are somtimes taken advantage of by the general public.

I'm glad you've got the help you needed for your PC.

Author: NonapeptideLocation: Scottsdale, Arizona PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Very nice words Tallulah! The thought occurred to me that you must have amassed quite a nice amount of knowledge as you've kept your computer running for so long. For some extra money, have you considered working from your computer in some way?

You could get involved with CrossLoop.com and offer your help. Do you have any level of proficiency with Excel, Outlook or another Office program? Even simple malware removal or general Windows fix-it skills could earn you some extra cash. If you have a second language, you're market value on Crossloop could take a jump up. Mayhaps you have some hidden Cisco networking skills (you're a closet CCIE... I know it! Laughing ). Crossloop is easy to get involved with and there are no obligations (to the best of my knowledge anyway). They make their money by taking a percentage of the fees that you charge people.

You could also get involved in writing reviews of software or even hardware. Just ask any web site that is known for reviewing things (CNet is the first that comes to mind, but there are many, many more) and see how to become a writer for them. It's surprisingly simple. I do something like that myself for some spare shekels here and there (okay, $100 an article at a fairly well traveled web site. Not bad.). You can start small and get bigger as you get to know people and build a reputation.

Just a thought. Have a nice day!

Author: l.chaos45 PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: helping
    ----
hiii

You could also get involved in writing reviews of software or even hardware. Just ask any web site that is known for reviewing things (CNet is the first that comes to mind, but there are many, many more) and see how to become a writer for them. It's surprisingly simple. I do something like that myself for some spare shekels here and there (okay, $100 an article at a fairly well traveled web site. Not bad.). You can start small and get bigger as you get to know people and build a reputation.

"For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options.
For more details [url=http://www.abtollc.com/VNCViewer.aspx /]VNCServer [/url]"

Author: Madgeki PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Hi guys
    ----
yeah it really means a lot when these people you don't know are trying to help you out. and some advises are brilliant and really worked. thanks!!!

Author: georgec PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject:
    ----
May be, Norton is just reporting normal harmless cookies....are they always the same cookies? Also, you can remove cookies from your web browser! What web browser do you use?

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Too obvious of a first step in troubleshooting this, but I'd confirm that the motherboard chipset does indeed totally support your CPU. If confirmed that it does, then next check your memory. A bad stick will make it appear as if you have a dead CPU.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1