user management

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

Author: kinloss1 PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: user management
    ----
hi, hope u guys can help, why i start up mu pc, just before the welcome page, i get the following message coming up in a little square box, saying
Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation.
and a smal counter in the bottom left counts down from 30 seconds, if i click ok it appears to load normally and all works including the web, if i don`t click ok then the pc will freeze on the welcome page, i ran anti virus nothing there, i am running windows xp.

Thanks again for any help.

Last edited by kinloss1 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Author: Bannerd PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Something like this can have two causes. One your computer is out of disk space or your profile is corrupt. I would say that your computer was out of disk space giving the error message you stated.

FYI

Author: kinloss1 PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject:
    ----
tahnks for the suggestions,

just to update on this my my free space on c drive is 17.4 gb from a total size of 76 i would of thougt this was ok in regards of memory space, if the user profile is corrupt is it difficult to fix?

thanks for any help.

Author: psuedo PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject:
    ----
I wouldn't bother trying to fix the profile, just create a new one and copy over any data you need. eg my docs..

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1