Start with Sql Server

Networking/Security Forums -> Databases

Author: roma PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Start with Sql Server
    ----
Hi all , i want to start stady SQl Server can anybody till me wher i can find good documentation easy to learn
thanks

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Are you saying that you want to start studying SQL? Which version?

Author: roma PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
2000 or 2004 , better 2000

Author: delete852Location: Washington DC PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I would advice to get a copy of it installed on your station and read the manual that comes with it.

Also learn TSQL commands and syntax since it helps.

You can also load MSDE which is free to play around with something.

Author: ThePsykoLocation: California PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject:
    ----
In 2k5 it's no longer MSDE - they now call it SQL Server Express Smile

Author: delete852Location: Washington DC PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yea I know, but it's still the same thing.

MSDE is MSDE even if it is 2k05, at least to me. Microsoft can call it whatever they want. and I am sticking to it!!!!!! Laughing

Author: Scr1ptK1dd13Location: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Actually, there is a difference, slight yet important.

As I found out when installing WebSense (which uses either a licensed MSSQL or MSDE), which uses the SQL Agent that comes with either, the new upgrade to SQL Express does not come with the SQL Agent, because many programs (such as WebSense) were taking advantage of the free version of MSSQL.

Author: hardware PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply
    ----
Hi,
Hey you ought surf W3Schools.com
You'll learn not only SQL server but also many technologies we've today.
I'm sure you wont find any simple learning site like this.

Author: NonapeptideLocation: Scottsdale, Arizona PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply
    ----
"Zombie thread wants braaaiinnsss... BRAAAIIINNNSSSS... for Thanksgiving dinner!"

Author: stevenmour PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Start with Sql Server
    ----
Don't worry... you can start with any version because there is not so much difference in every version. so try latest one which you need

Networking/Security Forums -> Databases

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1