folder problem

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: roma PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: folder problem
    ----
hi all i have G4 with 2 hard drive one OS 9.1 and second OS 10 , i have folder in OS9 i copy it to OS 10 but there are subfolder i can not see it from OS 10 only from OS9 i can . and the color of folder different looking like yellow ,
any idea how to fix the problem
thanks

Author: Ex0dusLocation: Down Under PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:
    ----
check that there are no "bad" characters such as slashes etc. these can interfere with OS X due to being related to unix. not sure what you mean by "folder different looking like yellow". i pressume you mean the icon rather than the text of the folder.

Author: Sherman HomanLocation: Norwell, MA PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Here is the character info: The only illegal character for file and folder names in Mac OS 9 and OS X is the colon “:”

File and folder names may be up to 31 characters in length in System 9.
File and folder names may be up to 151 characters in length in OS X.

File and folder names are not permitted to begin with a dot “.” in OS X.

So it doesn't seem like a naming problem, my guess is a permissions issue. Have you taken a peak at Get Info --> Permissions?

Author: roma PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:
    ----
thanks ,
but once i find one folder called Temporery Folder it empty but the size was 16GB , after deleteing space becoumes free but after one week in the hard disk no space only 2GB , a checq again the folder temorey folde the size 0KB that mean there are something , i check already what you wrote but still ,
any idea

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1