MP3 Players on OS X

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: seph1985Location: London, UK PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: MP3 Players on OS X
    ----
Ok i have OS X 10.3.9 installed on a mac at work and i can't for the life of me figure out how to get my MP3 player to show on the mac so that i can transfer files etc, under windows it just uses the bog standard UMS (Universal Mass Storage) driver and its plug and pray with 2k and above, i have seen the device listed under the system info before on this mac but never knew how to get it open, also whenever i now go to the disk management or boot up with the usb drive plugged in it just hangs Sad

Any help is appreciated Smile

Author: moondoggie PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject:
    ----
you can't use itunes for your mp3 player? Confused

Author: seph1985Location: London, UK PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject:
    ----
The fact thats its an mp3 player makes no real odds to me but i also use it for transfering files and i don't think that itunes works like that, so i'll take that as a "apple doesn't support this feature" deal then?

on a side not itunes doesn't see the mp3 player either.

Author: moondoggie PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject:
    ----
what do you mean by "transferring files"?? as in, you want your mp3 player to do more than just play mp3's?

Author: seph1985Location: London, UK PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Ummm its a USB drive aswell as an mp3 player Smile

it plays MP3's fine which is good but i used to use it for transfering files around the office aswell but seems the mac doesn't do that Sad

Author: catwomanLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Have you checked if the manufacturer of your MP3 payer makes a driver for Macs?

Many only make them for PCs - very frustrating but not Apple's fault. If they do make a driver for Macs, download it and you should be fine.

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1