How can I select cells that I Want selected in Appleworks?

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: dereko04011Location: Brunswick, ME PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: How can I select cells that I Want selected in Appleworks?
    ----
How can I select a cell and another one (for example A1 and A500) in AppleWorks? I tried holding Shift + Option + Click. and it selected all the cells in between (A1:A500). I need to do this because my graphs, I have empty cells inbetween some of the information (on how it's organized, I cannot organize it another way). Is there something to type in the Function field to select it (i no there is in Microsoft Excel 2000 for Windows)?
Please help!

EDIT:
If I cannot do the selecting, how can I make it NOT GRAPH the blank cells. OR How can I make seperate graphs and merge them into one?

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject:
    ----
OK, it's years since I used AppleWorks but here's the first few things to try:

what if you use just Option-click rather than shift-option-click?

when you are putting in the range for the graph, most systems I have ever used (123, MS Works, Excel) are quite hapy with the convention A1:C3,D2,F5:X99 for disparate ranges. Have you tried this?

try using a defined name, you might be able to get this to look at your separate ranges. Then you chart against the name (BTW this is good practice for charts anyway if you have multiple charts based off roughly the same data eg last 12 months sales figures measured three different ways - every month you would have to change three charts so that "last 12 months" was corrected, or you could change one defined name)

Right, now I'm off to google to see if I can find a more accurate answer

<edit 9:03>
try this tip:
http://www.apple.com/appleworks/tips/alldata.html
even if that selects too much, if you chart that as a test you should be able to see how it is using the range syntax for multiple cells.

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1