itunes titles and artists not appearing

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: nondisallowed PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: itunes titles and artists not appearing
    ----
when i put a cd in the title to the tracks and the artist wont appear in the place where it should be. instead i get track 1, track 2, etc and unknown as the artist. i know the information is written in the cd because i openeed it in windows and it was there. any suggestions? is there some setting i need to change or does itunes just operate this way. im new to macs so i dont know exactly if thats just how it is. thanks for any help.

Author: catwomanLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It does this on a Mac when you put a new CD in - no idea why, when it doesn't in windows. But, I can help you out:

To get the track names and artists, highlight the tracks and go up to the "advanced" menu. Select "get CD track names" and it will display them for you (you need to be connected to the internet for it to obtain the names). You need only do this ones as the computer will remember the tracks and artist when you next put the CD in.

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1