Migration Resources

Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

Author: gigsvoo PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Migration Resources
    ----
Hi there,

Out upon anyone great knowledge, does anyone know any good site that I can find some good information about migration of platform resources. Just like anything, documentations, articles, guides, tips and tricks or even platform compatibility sheet ... etc?

Wink

Author: browolf PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject:
    ----
That's a bit unspecific, but if u look on Technet, microsoft are always writing whitepapers about that sort of thing.

huh. i found "Linux to Windows Migration Guide" hehe Laughing

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/iis/deploy/depovg/win2kcd.asp?frame=true#b

~Andy

Author: gigsvoo PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:41 am    Post subject:
    ----
Thank you but no thanks, I need something that reads with the title please...

Author: hadsLocation: New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:09 am    Post subject:
    ----
Quote:
Migration Resources

What type of Migration exactly? What type of resources?

Author: gigsvoo PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:19 am    Post subject:
    ----
More or less I am really looking for some resources that I can migrate from different UNIX platform to another type of UNIX. E.g. Solaris to AIX... maybe include databases runs on UNIX platform as well... Oracle for UNIX to Oracle AIX... C/C++ application on UNIX to C/C++ on AIX... etc.

Author: browolf PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject:
    ----
gigsvoo wrote:
Thank you but no thanks, I need something that reads with the title please...

oops. sorry i completely didnt read the title. Embarassed

Author: gigsvoo PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject:
    ----
I think for Os, database and messaging system is fine for now after 2 days of net search. Now left the C application.

According to Sun's website, the Workshop C 3.0 for SPARC platform does compliant to version of C compiler 4.2, both for source code and binary compatibility, as long as the object file for C does not change on binary compatible.

What left is the LiBC compatible, Sun uses SUNWlibc for the Workshop 3.0 on SPARC, does anyone has any experience on SUNWlibc to convert it to GNULibC (which Linux uses right?)?

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject:
    ----
As far as databases on different architectures go, a database is a database, you can dump the data from the old one (including creates and drops) and whack it into the new one.

No differences.

As for applications there is plenty of info about porting, not sure about the particular *nix's though..

There's a few documents about, SunOS to HP-UX http://www.ensta.fr/internet/doc/SunOS_to_HP-UX_9.05_Porting_Guide.html

http://www.unixporting.com/porting-guides.html

Author: gigsvoo PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:59 am    Post subject:
    ----
Thanks alot, I followed the entrance and made my way to get a official porting guide of C applications to AIX systems. Laughing

Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1