'Stan Wilkinson' e-mail scam

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News
How many scam e-mails do you receive?
None
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Several per day
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
1 a day
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
1 a week
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
1 a month
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Couple a year
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: 'Stan Wilkinson' e-mail scam
    ----
These scams from online con artists are beginning to take a front seat to virus infection Confused

Subject: Present Situation( Please Respond)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:43:19 +0100
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Originating-IP: 64.110.76.225
X-Mailer: Eircom Net CRC Webmail (http://www.eircom.net/)
Organization: Eircom Net (http://www.eircom.net/)

Dear Sir,

I am Stan Wilkinson, the secetary of Africa White farmers Co-operation (AWFC)of Zimbabwe. After the last general elections in my country where the incumbent president Mr. Robert Mugabe won the presidential election, the government has adopted a very aggressive land reforms programme.
This programme is solely aimed at taking the land owned by white African farmers for redistribution to black africans. This programme has attracted worldwide condemnation from world leaders including British prime minister, Mr. Tony Blair and also forced several white farmers to flee the country for fear of victimization and physical abuse.
Two weeks ago, our headquartes in Harare was attacked and looted by black protesters and in the process burnt down the whole building. Fortunately,they did not get access to the huge funds kept in the strong room which belong to the
co-operation. This cash was kept at the secretariat rather than in the bank for fear of seizure by the government.
Now I have the funds in my possession and would need to get it invested in a viable business venture in Europe.
Once I can get your commitment and sincerity of investing this funds on our behalf then I would proceed to get the funds freighted to Europe, where you would be required to pick it up for investment for us.
You do not have anything to worry about as I would undertake all charges involved in freighting the funds to europe, and this business proposal is legal and risk free.
You would be adequately compensated for all your effort once we have gotten the funds to Europe.
Please get back to me if you can be of assistance and I would want our correspondence to be via email as most phone lines of white farmers are bugged by the government.
I expect your confidentiality and your prompt response to
this mail so as to proceed.

Kind regards,

Stan Wilkinson.

Author: LexyLouLocation: On Top PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Topic
    ----
I get several daily masquerading as "business opportunities", each and every one of them goes in the bin Wink

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Topic
    ----
LexyLou wrote:
I get several daily masquerading as "business opportunities", each and every one of them goes in the bin Wink

Humm ... I have always considered those as SPAM and not SCAM. Yet, it does seem that most of those "business opportunities" do fit the SCAM tag.

Author: ComSec PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject:
    ----
to help solve this type of scam\spam

set your filters to block works content ie: sex,teens, free,offers,cash, lucky sod , reward, mortages , insurence , read this, etc...just to give you an idea...and diriect them to the trash...you can check your trash just incase a E you wanted is sent there by mistake ,it can be sent back to the inbox and change option to recieve from this address in future.

also block the sender..but they will return with another addy Block it

they will find ways to get direct to your in mail box , as they do, filter the word from the subject line and again bock them

or you can open up another account and only give it to the people who you trust and dont accept any thing like news letters , monthly mag ,free news letters, yellow\white pages listngs etc...tick NO for all these offers

if this dont work find a new E addy, one that is spam free, using google search , there a quite afew around

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I've got quite a few of these lately, african spam type things, they've been going on via snail mail for years, seems they've finally caught onto e-mail.

For anyone that uses Outlook check out http://www.cloudmark.com, excellent program by the Napster creator that uses peer-peer technology for blocking spam.

No support for OE yet though.

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Check this out, pretty funny:

http://www.savannahsays.com/kizombe.htm

Author: ComSec PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject:
    ----
ShaolinTiger wrote:
Check this out, pretty funny:

http://www.savannahsays.com/kizombe.htm

LoL very funny.....she handled that one pretty Cool

Author: Mongrel PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject:
    ----
shaolin - Spam proggie looks cool. I do have a hard time linking my e-mail in any P2P network though. It may be all on the up-and-up. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned. I might try it out on one of my POP3 accounts though.

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1