• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Lucent LT Win Modem

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TinTin
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Lucent LT Win Modem Reply with quote

Mine keep switching itself off for some reason, anyone got any ideas???

Which file do I need to access to switch it back on again???, have been to the agere site and downloaded the new driver, but still no luck. Sad

This seems to happen every once in a while, so back to PC Card Modem for a while. Rolling Eyes
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume it wasnt the one orgianlly installed, if so what is your OS and motherboard. Lucent have compatability problems with some OS and motherboards, and cause this level of problems.
I also take it you removed and reloaded to drivers for Lucent Question
Under device manager how many modems does it display, Lucent have a nasty habit of adding and re adding themselves, look under safe mode and into device manager (presuming windows os) notice any duplications of all devices.
If you require help stilllet me know the OS and motherboard and I will try and help you round this, I have managed to do it myself, but I was lucky to have a mothebord I could work around etc.
TinTin
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Topic Reply with quote

lol, it is a windows 98 Laptop and is the original installed onboard modem, I had trouble with it under windows 98 and also now have probs with Windows ME, although i have been onto the agaere site and updated the drivers.

Only one Lucent modem is installed in systems.
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say this, but Lucent doesn't get on with Me or 98, and as I just learnt from sombody else alot of other things it doesnt like either.
It also hates AOL(rockwell modems too dothis thing of incompatability with AOL) and a few other isp providers to boot.
As the fault is intermittant, it maybe a prog it is reacting to. Try doing full scandisk and defrag and then delete the driver and modem complete after downloading the new drivers(think off hand there is one that goes straight to floppy will check it out later.)
Which lucent is it I can recheck it out fully and give a bit more help hopefully than I can at present Question
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont delete anything yet, let me the know the exact modem Lecent it is first Very Happy it may require something a little less radical
TinTin
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Topic Reply with quote

Raven,

Am struggling to figure out which Lucent LT Win modem is installed, will check laptop book. If not will re-install from the Laptop Disk (original chipset supplied) , Sorry original system was Windows 98 Second Edition.

Maybe I could approach Rock, on www.rockdirect.com, where the laptop was purchased from.

Also for anyone else wanting info on Lucent Drivers, check out this website

http://www.808hi.com/56k/ltwin7.asp (modemsite.com)
TinTin
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: topic Reply with quote

Never mind,

Was well peeved at throwing money at the problem, so got myself a new laptop...old one was falling to bits and cooler was about to give in and blow up the cpu Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: