• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Security-Forums.com Dynamic Updates to your desktop

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:48 am    Post subject: Security-Forums.com Dynamic Updates to your desktop Reply with quote

Follow this link , there is a download link to the software on the left hand side then click 'Add this klip'

The 15 most recent forum posts will then by dynamically delivered to your desktop, updated every 5 minutes, but of course you can force a manual refresh on the klip itself

Please try this software if you are interested and post any feedback to this thread

Cheers

KlipFolio is free and runs on Windows 98, NT4, ME, 2000 and XP.

Here is a link to a screengrab of the software so you can see how this works *SCREEN GRAB*

Last edited by chris on Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:12 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePsyko
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a SFDC exclusive? I'm not big on autoupdating, but if it was developed for this forum (or by somebody on this forum) I'll guinea pig it for ya Smile Or if you really just want some feedback.. ah hell, ok I'll play with it since nobody else seems to be... doubt I'll keep it around but hang tight for some feedback
Rayxen
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks quite nifty and could certainly come in handy. If I could configure the text size it would be better. Currently i've set the following options:

Trasparent/Translucent
Using Chrome with a Red Tinge
I have SF and Slashdot Klips loaded
Displaying 1 line for each clip
Scrolling is enabled

So i'm left with a failrly compact news scroller that updates every 15mins with the latest topics. I don't know that I require the scrollin though, perhaps if every now and then I just move my mouse over the Klip and it will display the items. If it's only updating every 15mins then there's little point to the scrolling. Thanks for this, it could come in handy. I'll post further if I continue/discontinue to use it.
cats_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have had clip for a week now. Added several extra sections, so it shows updated news etc, but the feature most used is the ability to click on the latest posts from S-F. A very useful tool indeed. It sits insignificantly on the desktop, and can be shifted easily to the tray, and brought up again when required. I like it, and thanks to S-F for introducing me to yet another new toy!
chris
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new version of klipfolio out and I have also updated the klip to work with the new hosting provider now the DNS has propagated

Please refer to the original post for download links etc
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pheo
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was how i found this great forum, so I was a bit shocked when my klip stopped working a few months back

for those still interested in this and still using it

I have updated the klip to remain working

to do the same

locate the .klip file in (by default) c:\program files\klipfolio\myklips or something like that

open it in a text viewer and find the <contentsource> tags

replace whats there with the following

Code:

<contentsource>
            http://www.security-forums.com/forum/rdf.php
      </contentsource>

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Comments // Problems etc. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: