• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

NTBACKUP question

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickerandvine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: NTBACKUP question Reply with quote

I have a question for ntbackup utility for windows 2003. Can I do a full backup of the entire machine so I can restore it fully to same or different machine? Complete with the OS and it's apps and configurations, etc...Just like the windows server backup of windows 2008 where you create a complete image backup of the machine and restore it entirely within minutes.

Also, what is the difference with system state? When I do a restore of system state what will be restored? Like do I need to install the base operating system first and do a system state restore? will the application also get restored?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: