• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

unable to manage DHCP via mmc console

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wickerandvine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: unable to manage DHCP via mmc console Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a problem with managing DHCP server remotely. I have two dhcp servers. The first one can be managed remotely via MMC console, that is until I rebooted the server. No changes were made on the first server. I just rebooted it since it has been up for almost a year now. After reboot I can no longer manage it via MMC. It gives a red icon with a minus sign on it.

For the second dhcp server. I is unmanageable via mmc console to begin with. Server has a red icon on the mmc console with an x sign on it.

I can add both server on the mmc but when I click on them they give off a red icon. Both servers are just working fine. They are giving ip addresses to machines.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: