• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Windows 7 - "All Programs"

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarMol
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 - "All Programs" Reply with quote

I'm posting this here because I didn't know where else to post. Hopefully someone can help me. In windows 7, 64 bit - on the bottom left...where you access "All Programs"...I was looking for a folder called "kitties"..so I typed "kitties" in "Search Programs and Files" and the folder name appeared. I clicked on Properties to see where the file was located...I went to the location, but the folder wasn't there. So I went back to "All Programs" and typed in the name "kitties" again...and this time, I right-clicked "Open With" in the "kitties" folder and I picked Adobe. Now every single program, file, folder, etc. in my "All Programs" has the Adobe Icon. And when I click on anything in there, it won't open because it's set to open with Adobe? How do I get it back to normal again...where my WORD program shows the WORD logo...or Power Point shows the Power Point logo. I can't believe I did this. Thanks everyone.
CarMol
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Problem Solved Reply with quote

Never mind everyone. When I calmed down and could think clearly, I remembered "System Restore." All is normal again. Thanks Smile
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value of making restore points ... Smile

This has happened to me in various forms throughout the years. I have to admit that system restore is the fastest, safest way of fixing this problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: