• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Exchange 2010 Message size problem

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thrawn717
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Exchange 2010 Message size problem Reply with quote

Hey Folks,

I am trying to set up my Exchange server to allow the max size of message to come in & out to 40mb. I have changed the setting on the Transport Setting to 40960. On the receive connector I set it to 40960. The send connector max message size has been set to 40960. In the user mailbox properties size for send/receive has been set for 40960.

We recently upgraded from 2003 to 2010 and this a issue that I need to get resolved because a lot of the e-mails we recieve are fairly large and a lot of them are getting bounced back.

I have done these setting in the EMC and thru the EMS. When I do it thru the shell I get the following message:
"Warning: the command completed successfully but no settings of 'Transport Settings" have been modified."

What am I missing? Please help!

Thanks
James
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also need to check the limits on the database. You can find this by going to Server Settings > Mailbox iirc.
PhiBer
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to allow larger send/receive sizes, here are the commands you will need to use (this is for 20Mb in this case so adjust as needed):

1. This will show you the name/size of the receive connector (then run the next command):
get-receiveconnector | select identity,maxmessagesize (Lists all receive connectors)

Set-ReceiveConnector “CONNECTOR NAME” -MaxMessageSize 20Mb (Sets specific receive connector)

2. This will show you the name/size of the transport connector (then run the next command):
Set-TransportConfig -MaxReceiveSize 20MB -MaxSendSize 20MB (Sets transport connector)

3. This will show the name/size of the send connector (then run the next command):
get-sendconnector | select identity,maxmessagesize (Lists all send connectors)

Set-SendConnector “CONNECTOR NAME” -MaxMessageSize 20Mb (Sets send connector)
Thrawn717
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it fixed. I ended up disabling the send/recieve connectors and recreated new ones and that worked. Even though the conectors are configure exactly the same.... It was very strange. SO if they continue to work I'll be deleting the old connectors.

Thanks All!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: