• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Where can i find source code for various router exploits?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manoj9372
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Where can i find source code for various router exploits? Reply with quote

As the title says where can i find various exploit codes for various routers like juniper and cisco,I had seen sites like exploit-db and other sites having exploit codes related to web-Applications,dos,local Applications,but can not able to find a dedicated site having collection of exploit codes for various router related exploits,If you do know any site related to router related exploits,Please feel free to share here..
Fire Ant
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There are two types of router exploits, those that give you reverse shell and those which give you access to the system to normal mechanisms through an abnormal condition. There some exploits out there, I normally use securityfocus.com for exploit code but for pen testing I use MetaSploit and ensure that my build is up to date. I have to say that I don't normally concentrate too much on the network pen test element as it can be done mostly in an automated fashion however on live networks customers dont allow it as it can disrupt business traffic.

There was a really good talk at BlackHat in either 2008 or 2009 I can't remember which year but this detailed why writing exploit code with a reverse shell in the majority of Cisco equipment is unfeasibly difficult to impossible. I know it can be done on some equipment which use TCL however for the majority of the kit it cant be done due to various reasons.

For Juniper I am not so sure however there are some exploits out there.

Fire Ant

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Security Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: