• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Cached passwords out of Sync - Windows XP - 2003 AD

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john.leonard
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Cached passwords out of Sync - Windows XP - 2003 AD Reply with quote

Folks,

We have a couple remote users that use vpn tokens to access our network.

They really never authenticate to the network or domain controller when they connect remotely.

Sometiimes the cached passwords on the local workstation and the domain passwords get out of sync.

Any way to sync them up again.

We have tried Ctr-Alt-delet - lock workstation and then login with new or existing password....

No luck.

We cannot use local accounts - must be a domain account.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

-John
rcmichelle
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Password Genius Reply with quote

A few days ago I asked help with the password problem. As suggested, I downloaded the software password genius and I am happy to report that it had cured my problem. I finally found my product key. I strongly recommend this tool. Thanks a million for the information.
CoreDefend
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried creating a logon script?

This will run after the user logs in and the desktop fully loads. Have the script connect to a domain resource; probably the DC netlogon share. This will detect if you user's credentials are valid; if they are, nothing will happen.

If they are not; have a screen pop that instructs the user to lock their workstation and re-authenticate.

This is cumbersome; but many products have this problem. I've used PGP Whole Disk Encryption and when the AD password expires; the Single Sign-On fails.

Good place to start VbScript:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/default.aspx

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: