• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Sending FTP files

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theglobalnomad1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Sending FTP files Reply with quote

Sorry for the naivete of this question, but I need to find out how to send files to a client, but I would prefer that he not know how ignorant I am of this process! Smile He sent me a zipped file labeled with my name and told me to "put the files in this" and email him when I had done so.

I have a number of .wav files, and tried to save his file to my computer and then drag my files to his file....but now how does he access it if it is on my desktop?? I tried to then attach his "filled" file to an email and it was too big.

I have a number of jobs like this, so I need to learn what he is asking me to do and how I can send these files to him.

I've tried using YouSendIt and it works for single files, but I would like to send multipe files and I'd prefer to do it in the manner he requests...just don't know how!
theglobalnomad1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: FTP post Reply with quote

P.S. I've read Mr. Tulloch's article and got a lot out of it, but would still like to know how the User (me!) then uploads files to his server from my computer.

Great language, though, and easily understoond by a cyber-dinosaur like me. Smile
patloon
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: See these links for more info: Reply with quote

http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/network/ftp/vftp.html

and

https://www.yousendit.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> General Software All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: