• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

understanding basics of buffer over flow?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manoj9372
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: understanding basics of buffer over flow? Reply with quote

I am interested in learning understanding about the basics of buffer over flow ,how it works?
etc,can any one suggest me a good e-book or link or paper to understand the basic operation and functions of buffer overflow?

Hope i will get some help here...
capi
SF Senior Mod
SF Senior Mod

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wikipedia articles on buffer overflow and stack buffer overflow will probably be useful in understanding the topic. There is also the well known 1996 Phrack article Smashing the stack for fun and profit by Aleph One, which takes you from the introduction to actually getting some buffer overflows working, and is a must read.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Exploits // System Weaknesses All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: