• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Having Problem with ctfmon.exe (Virus) ? HELP Please

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhensheng
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Having Problem with ctfmon.exe (Virus) ? HELP Please Reply with quote

Recently having some problems on ctfmon.exe, is it a virus called Trojan.Win32.VB.aqt ? As my NOD32 Antivirus couldn't detect there is any virus appearing. However I checked on some websites saying NOD32 couldn't detect the infected ctfmon.exe virus (Trojan.Win32.VB.aqt). Problem appearing: Each time I start up there is this runtime error saying ctfmon.exe. Can someone please help me to clear this problem.

Thank you in advance Smile
borris83
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a clean file called ctfmon.exe from Microsoft, which you will find in every system that has Microsoft Office. It also starts during the start up...

So, the file that you are talking about may not be a virus..

The location for ctfmon.exe from Microsoft is C:\Windows\System32... So, check if the error message says anything about this location.. Search for this file and check if any file with the same name is located outside of system32 folder...

There are some websites where you can upload a single file and scan with multiple antiviruses.. You can try scanning the file if you think it is still suspicious...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: