• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Computer boot up problems

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duketter
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Computer boot up problems Reply with quote

HP laptop - 3 GB memory, Windows Vista home premium - BIOS release date is 3/3/09 and I believe up to date.

My computer has trouble restarting/booting up at times. Sometimes when I restart my laptop it won't restart. The laptop turns off but never turns back on. I push the power button to turn it on and the lights turn on but then about 1-4 seconds later it just shuts off. I try again and it does the same thing. If I unplug it, take out the battery, and then hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds without any battery or electricity and then put the battery back in and plug it in it starts right up. Once it boots up and windows starts it works no problem. I can be on it for days at a time, but once I restart it does it all over again. It doesn't do it everytime I restart but a majority of the times.

Any ideas? I am thinking some kind of hardware issue? the laptop is a little over a year old.
blackcivic
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried to update the power management drivers?
BruceLee
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Fix Startup problems Reply with quote

Hi, just take it easy. I find an article from EzineArticle for you. I do hope it will help you resolve your issue.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Windows-Xp-Startup-Problems---3-Easy-Ways-to-Fix-Windows-Xp-Startup-Problems&id=3087747
jhonas
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i think it is problem of your laptop battery. Solution of this problem is Avoid getting the battery contacts dirty and every week clean your battery . Rubbing alcohol will clean your battery and battery charging time should be maximum 2 or 3 hours.
Allnsmth
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Try to reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings.
I think it may be work for you ...!
georgec
SF Staff
SF Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the brand of your laptop? It reminds me of a Toshiba Satellite Pro I had where due to over heating problems was having similar symptoms! It looks like a hardware problem and I suggest that you take it to a repair center!
DHay13
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is currently a class action lawsuit against Nvidia for faulty graphic cards in HP, Mac, and a few other brand of computer. I was aware of it due to my employer having several hundred HP's and Macs. They were notified of it. The information was passed on to me. I have an HP dv9208nr with an Nvidia card that has a similar start-up issue. I'm not sure if it's too late to get in but I know that all HP's will be replaced with a newer model Compaq, while the other brands will likely be repaired. The hearing was in December.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: