• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Kodicom 4400R

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shai.ostshega
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Kodicom 4400R Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the Kodicom 4400R card. I installed the diginet site and diginet center software. When I start the Diginet site software it writes that it load the display driver and then nothing happens besides dots in a progress bar. The SW gets control on windows (all windows are beyond it) and even the start menu disappers ( it can be reached using Ctrl + ESC).
Does any one have an idea how to activate the SW. I have windows XP and the drivers in the installation CD are Win2K, but I can't find WinXP drivers (maybe they are the same).

Thanks,
Shai
stylesx
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kodicom 4400R Reply with quote

shai.ostshega wrote:
Hi,

I have the Kodicom 4400R card. I installed the diginet site and diginet center software. When I start the Diginet site software it writes that it load the display driver and then nothing happens besides dots in a progress bar. The SW gets control on windows (all windows are beyond it) and even the start menu disappers ( it can be reached using Ctrl + ESC).
Does any one have an idea how to activate the SW. I have windows XP and the drivers in the installation CD are Win2K, but I can't find WinXP drivers (maybe they are the same).

Thanks,
Shai

Hello Shai,

I got the same problem with mine, but i made sure to install all 8 drivers 4 for video and 4 for audio for the 8 channel card. And i was using windows 2003 server for it and that didnt work but it should work on windows XP using the windows 2K drivers
thesilverfox
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Kodicom 4400 Reply with quote

Hi to both, first thing you must do is to check if your capture card has a serial number on the back. If not then you may have purchased a counterfeit copy. As such the software may not be fully functional. Should you need to contact me direct then use terry@kodicom.net
hacx
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: solutions found Reply with quote

i had the same problem and being working to figure it out for the past 2 days and found some intersting stuff:

some kodicom cards (not the originals!) cannot be installed on Windows XP cause of serial limitiations.

to fix the "Can't load security device driver" and "Can't load display device driver" and the "Load Display Driver .." errors you should install windows 2000 or windows 2000 server and it will all should work fine (dont forget to update your windows 2000 to service pack 4 to avoid backdoors).

when using windows 2000 you must disable the IIS in the administrative control panel so it will allow you to watch your cameras from a remote location.

the reason you the logo got halted on the "Load display driver .." status was because there was a window waiting for a key behind the logo, you should press ALT-TAB to go to that window (altough you cant see it) and press ENTER and the application will go on.

The allocation will not work if you have a disk-on-key installed, remove it and it should work fine.

Conclusion: USE WINDOWS 2000 WITH CERTAIN KODICOM CARDS, WINDOWS XP WILL NOT WORK !!
hacx
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: solutions found Reply with quote

i had the same problem and being working to figure it out for the past 2 days and found some intersting stuff:

some kodicom cards (not the originals!) cannot be installed on Windows XP cause of serial limitiations.

to fix the "Can't load security device driver" and "Can't load display device driver" and the "Load Display Driver .." errors you should install windows 2000 or windows 2000 server and it will all should work fine (dont forget to update your windows 2000 to service pack 4 to avoid backdoors).

when using windows 2000 you must disable the IIS in the administrative control panel so it will allow you to watch your cameras from a remote location.

the reason you the logo got halted on the "Load display driver .." status was because there was a window waiting for a key behind the logo, you should press ALT-TAB to go to that window (altough you cant see it) and press ENTER and the application will go on.

The allocation will not work if you have a disk-on-key installed, remove it and it should work fine.

Conclusion: USE WINDOWS 2000 WITH CERTAIN KODICOM CARDS, WINDOWS XP WILL NOT WORK !!
erkme73
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all very informative posts. I'm in the process of switching from XP to W2K to validate the previous post. In the meantime, I'm hoping I can add some more info to this same problem...

I have two KMC4400 cards (one for home, one for work). The one at home has been working faithfully on an XP Pro system with AMD platform and ATI video card. I've never had any problems - whether on the 4.11 or 4.13P8 Diginet software.

Today, as I assemble my work PC for the same duties, I run into this same problem "Load Device Driver....." hang up. I alt-tabbed and hit enter, which did allow it to complete the loading of the program, but it says "cannot connect to drivers" or something to that affect. If I hit ok, the computer restarts.

The PC is also an AMD Athelon 2600, but here I'm using the SiS on-board video (ATI card is on order and will be here tomorrow). Just for grins, I ran home, yanked my original KMC4400 out of my working system, and brought it back to work. After installing the new card, the PC did the same thing. I reformated, reinstalled, tried every version on digisite that I had. Nothing will get this PC to work.

Ironically, when I first installed the newer card and installed the DVRnet 880 software that came with it, it said it would restart and install apache. It never restarted. So, I opened DVRnet. After prompting for 16ch and specifying (formatting) the storage partition, it came up like a champ. I only had one camera up, but it faithfully recorded motion. I could search, and setup everything just like at home.

So, to get apache to run, I figured I'd reboot. After a reboot, it would not get beyond the "load device driver" flash screen.

I'm stumpped. I will take the newer card home and install it on my working system to see if it's the card or my system.

I know that VIA and SiS chipsets are not supported by Kodicom, but does anyone really thing this could be stopping the SW from loading in the first place?
thesilverfox
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all you people on this site that are having problems with Kodicom Video Capture Cards and software. The problem is very simple, you are buying counterfeit copies of the product from China or e-bay.

If you purchased original product from authorised distributors you would not have the problems I see you all write about.

If you want original product contact me at terry@saysecurity.net
mazzel vedder
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm a new labor on my company. And my first job is fixing all of security which is integrated on Kodicom Diginet Site System. This program was running on Windows XP Professional.

The problem is the last admin who's working in my company is kept the password to control Diginet Site. So, I do a clean installation on that workstation. Formatting the harddisk and then re-installing the software.

But, when I begin to start Diginet Site, the new problem is come. It cannot load the driver and not running anyway. So, if the problem because outmatching OS. I ever seen that program running well on Windows XP Professional SP2 before.

Would you help me to solve this problem?

Remember, Win XP can start this program. So there is no reason to blame this OS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sax
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

I have two KMC-8800 cards (which has 8 capture chips), that I've bought in the eBay for a bunch of peanuts Laughing

Besides that, I've found exactly the same problems regarding the drivers installation and validation. Initially the DigiNet Site 4.110 software was running correctly on Windows XP Professional, but I've had to format the hard-disk and then, just like mazzel, re-install the software.

And how I regretted this!! It happened just like this:
Quote:
I installed the diginet site and diginet center software. When I start the Diginet site software it writes that it load the display driver and then nothing happens besides dots in a progress bar. The SW gets control on windows (all windows are beyond it) and even the start menu disappears

Nothing new here... Next I tried a bunch of different OS's, like windows 98 and windows 2000, and I've finally could make it work (under 2K).

But I were not happy with this OS, so I've tried again with XP. This time I've got it right!!! I just have to do the same procedures regarding the drivers installations:

Before installing the Digital Video Witness software (the version I am currently using is the 4.13p2):
1. Go to "My computer", right click it and select "properties". Next, go to the "hardware" tab option and press the "Device manager" button.
2. Here you should have a few yellow exclamations: 8 multimedia devices (for the sound card) and 8 video multimedia devices (for the video card). Note that in my case they were 8, because I have the 8800 card, so in your case it should be 4 of each one.
3. All you have to do now is to install the drivers, right-clicking in the yellow exclamations and updating each controller, one by one, browsing into the 2 needed driver files: SDDriver_2KC and the SDDrv (something like ...\eight\Drivers\0.9.0085\2000, XP).
Note: this have to be done manually, so never choose to let the windows find automatically the right controller, because you will loose even more time.
4. After you do not have more "yellows", install the software, restart the computer (and pray :p) and voilla!! It's done!!

I hope this can help someone...

Some final considerations: The 4.13 software doesn't let me do anything else than record, witch can be very annoying, tough the previous version (I suppose the 4.10?), gave me more freedom because you can simply press the "Start" button in keyboard and select watt ever you like/need to do.

By the way, does anybody know were I can download the new Digital Video Witness 5?

Ah!, and before I forget, thank you thesilverfox for your precious help, and the great full words of wisdom! Wink
Quote:
To all you people on this site that are having problems with Kodicom Video Capture Cards and software. The problem is very simple, you are buying counterfeit copies of the product from China or e-bay.

If you purchased original product from authorized distributors you would not have the problems I see you all write about.
ippserver
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DVR computer configuration

Aopen X6BC Motherboard
800EB PIII
256 RAM
1 x 6G hd
2 x 40G hg
3DFX Interactive voodoo / voodoo 3? Win2000/winxp Driver

I too am having problems with Diginet Kodicom software that came with the 16 input card from Hong Kong (e-pay card).
After following all the advice that I could find which is not much on the net (no document came with the card) it still was not reliable when starting, hanging on loading display driver. I found that it worked some times and then it would not. After a day on it, installing Win 2000 then Win XP and back to Win 2000 I had enough and I said to my wife that I wished that the EBay seller had just sent me an empty box so that I could say that was a rip-off and get on with my life instead of wasting a day on nothing and so I turned the computer off and had dinner. After that I went back to the computer to see if there was something that I had overlooked, started the computer, started Dignet and it worked. Good is it fixed I have seen this before so I rebooted the computer and it hung again on load display drive. What was the difference this time from the last time was that I gave the computer a rest between boot ups so I tried turning the computer off for 3 minutes still no good. So I tried 6 minutes and then started Diginet and it loaded ok so I tried it again and it worked again ok so just to prove a point I restarted the computer again, using a quit reboot and the software hung again so this is what I have worked out to get it up and running after shutting down the computer you need to wait about 6 minutes then start the computer.

PS. To exist Diginet without shutting the computer down press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F4 and then you can restart Diginet without it hanging but if you shut the computer down from the desktop you will have the same problem when you go to start it again.
ippserver
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to wait i sead above it looks to be a heat problem with the DVR card i have installed a 12v fan blowing on to the DVR card and now i can reset the computer and then start diginet with out it stopping at the load video display driver The card is probably made and tested in a colder region so heatsinks were not installed
hdelamo
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: kodicom DVR Reply with quote

Does anyne know how we can view the cameras on MAC os x. Everytime I use Safari, it shows the diginet borders but an "x" appears on th view window.
venusmenachite
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: problems solved Reply with quote

Hi to all.

I have been installing these cards for a long time now and if you follow these steps you will not have any problems...Win XP Pro Recommended.

1) usa a VIA Chip motherboard..maybe Biostar, Asrock, ECS, Foxcon or gigabyte
2) Use a ATI 128Mb radeon graphics card....not the EAX1550...will not work. Install the ATI drivers not the Asus Drivers.
3) Install the kodikom drivers but you must select the drive where to find them..go into CD drive, select drivers folder....Win2k folder and choose the driver beginning with SD....there should only be one driver here.
4) after installing the drivers install the program. remember to have a spare HDD that the program can format.
5) start the program......if you have done everything correctly it should start up... the first run will take a few minutes to start...just leave it and let it do its thing. Once started there will be black screens....if they stay black decrease the hardware accelleration by one click..
6) once started and the pictures dont move......then you have a incorrect setting on your graphics card..usually Dirct X 3D Accelleration.

THINGS NOT TO DO:

1) do not use AMD...they give too many problems and make the card unstable. if it works then you are lucky and suggest leave it as is.
2) do not use Nvidia graphics....endless problems...
3) Do not use SIS or Intel motherboard.
4) For remote monitoring don't use any Nvidia or Win Vista

Have fun.....Am busy trying to solve the Nvidia Graphics problem with these cards ...if anyone has suggestions please let me know !

Thanx
incrediman
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone has experience with the web-dvr. its the remote viewing of the cam via internet explorer. i seem to get a disconnect error. i dmz my modem....
alpiniste
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have problems with 2 way audio? I can only hear audio after rebooting the server. If i disconnect and connect again, it shows "online" but the sound does not come through. I am using the 8 channel card....
angelia
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally I had two KMC-8800 cards (which has 8 capture chips) and running WinXp home edition, intel celeron process, onboard ATI display ,512MB RAM and Kodicom Site version 4.110. These two cards are working properly.
Due to my PC breakdown I bought a new PC with AMD Phenom II X 550 Processor, ASUS M4A78- motherboard with onboard ATI HD3300 graphic card and 4 Gb RAM.

Now I am encounter the Load display driver issue. The Kodicom Site will hang and do nothing.

I bought this system from local vendor (I am from Malaysia, the vendor is far away from my company location so can't come to onside service.)

So may I know who can help me to solve this problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: