• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Worm.Generic

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradly
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Worm.Generic Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm having a problem with some kind of worm called (Email-Worm.Win32.Brontok.a). I have found out that it was in my computer after installing VIPRE Antivirus. I had Norton Antivirus for like a year since i bought my laptop but it was expired for a long time.

After installing VIPRE it kept prompting me that some files were found (some are other kind of worms). The problem is when i delete them or put them in quarantine, they keep coming again. I'm really confused because I searched the whole startup programs and I also tried to find any suspicious processes running but I couldn't find anything.

Do you think that it might be a system file that has been infected and keeps generating those files?

I'll post a list of the files with file names, kind and the directory found in.

1- My PlayLists.exe
Email-Worm.Win32.Brontok.a
Worm.Generic
C:\Users\Public\Documents\My PlayLists\My PlayLists.exe

2- Data 3zzam.exe
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Data 3zzam.exe
Risk level: Moderate
Risk category: Misc (General) [Taken from VIPRE]

3- SharedDocs.exe
Worm.Generic
C:\Users\Public\Documents\SharedDocs.exe

4- MCE Logs.exe
Risk level: Moderate [Taken from VIPRE]
Risk category: Misc (General)
C:\Users\Public\Documents\MCE Logs\MCE Logs.exe

5- My PlayLists.exe
Worm.Generic
C:\Users\Public\Documents\My PLayLists\My PlayLists.exe

* All of those files are being generated at the same time.

============

So anybody has an idea about this worm or if I'm infected with it or not? Because i keep telling myself that I'm not infected and that the virus is just creating itself and can't run because my AV stops it but to be honest i'm really afraid to lose it.

Any kind of help will be appreciated..

bradley
heba
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Worm.Generic Reply with quote

bradly wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm having a problem with some kind of worm called (Email-Worm.Win32.Brontok.a). I have found out that it was in my computer after installing VIPRE Antivirus. I had Norton Antivirus for like a year since i bought my laptop but it was expired for a long time.

bad idea mantain antivirus not update.

If this worm don't erase from you new antivirus, you can put in the section Remove Malware of this site a HiJackThis Log, please...^__^
bradly
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks heba.

I'll have to install hijackthis first then I'll post a new thread there later with a log.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: