• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Downloader virus

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gloryhunter
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Downloader virus Reply with quote

A Norton window popped up saying that my computer was infected with Downloader virus but i did not even have time to read it because it closed immediately. I ran a Norton Antivurs check and it came out Clean....

Should I believe this??
Abbos
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try running the online scanner from Trend Micro http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/housecall

I would take a guess that you may be talking about a variant of the Zlob Downloader Malware. For more information please visit this link: http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Spyware_Information/Zlob.Downloader_:_What_it_is_and_how_to_remove_it.html
Silverblue
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not very familiar with norton, but all the anti-viruses are similar. i think norton informed you that it detected a virus, and if it detected a virus it should remove it immediately. if you stil are suspicious about it, try the Trend Micro scanner recommended by Abbos. goog luck Wink
Michael York
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Downloader virus Reply with quote

gloryhunter wrote:
A Norton window popped up saying that my computer was infected with Downloader virus but i did not even have time to read it because it closed immediately. I ran a Norton Antivurs check and it came out Clean....

Should I believe this??

Hi gloryhunter,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

What Norton product and version are you using?

The "Downloader Trojan" is a known infection and can cause various problems.

The first thing I would suggest is that you run LiveUpdate to ensure you have the latest program and definition files applied to Norton. Next, restart your computer into Windows Safe Mode, launch Norton and then perform a "Full System Scan." If any infections are found Norton will inform you and also let you know if it was able to remove the infection or if it quarantined the files.

Run LiveUpdate, scan and let me know if any infections were found. Also let me know which Norton product and version you own.

Thank you,
Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Viruses // Worms All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: