• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Email being read by Coworkers

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix2008
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Email being read by Coworkers Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I have a couple questions on this topic. I had used my Yahoo account at work (my bad), and an IT person was reading the emails and telling others about their content. I changed my password and stopped using the account at work; however somehow the same person was able to get back into my account. I'm not sure how though they may have used my birthday to retrieve the password. Anyhow, a couple questions:

1. Can it be traced to whether someone at my work location was logging into my account? If so, how can I get this information?

2. I read somewhere where there are ways of getting into the email account without knowing the password. This seems odd, though can it be done.

Thanks!
Phoenix
RoboGeek
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your IT people are gods... they know everything you do.. who you talk to.. what you said.. you name it - they know it.

Do they need your PW?.. Nooooo.. they can sniff your traffic. And thats the minimalist scenario. They can also see your desktop, what websites you visit, the contents of the flashdrive you just plugged in, pics your looking at - you name it. And they can do it legally because your on THEIR computers and networks
Phoenix2008
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree that anything on their computers is fair game.

However, I stopped using my Yahoo account on their computers, and I changed my passwords. They accessed my account somehow. Seems they either used knowledge of my birthday to get the password, or they knew a way to forward my emails someplace.

Is it the case that once they know my Email Account that they have a right to access my account whenever they like?

Thanks for the help,
Phoenix

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Computer Forensics and Incident Response All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: