• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

[FAQ] IBM ThinkPad Unlock Supervisor Password

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
allservice
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think that using pirated software is a bad thing to do?
Do you want me, the author, to tell you why your pirated copy do not work?!

Funny, what can I say..
elwea
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: W24RF08 error Reply with quote

because the original buyed by my colleague at the cost of 31.5$ few month ago wrote the same error.
allservice
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe your colleague bought it from the same place as you and he paid the same price = nothing Smile
Anyway, if you have a license issue, feel free to contact our support, but I think is not the case.
Thank you.
Janchik
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, sorry i have so bat english. I want to ask about IBM r40. I dont know what i can to do with it. Now i living in Sweden, i can buy some special programm or some like that. Please ansver to my mail yanlit@gmail.com. Thanks
allservice
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well if it is locked, then read the first post in this thread.
Also I posted here a nice pictured tutorial about R40:

http://www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1011#1011

I hope this is of some help.
mnamky
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: ThinkPad R52 Password Removal Reply with quote

hi every body;

I read and the post by allservice. It was a very useful information and I was so happy getting it. However, I tried that with ThinkPad R52 and it did not work. The eeprom mounted in the system is 24C64W by CATALYST Semiconductor Inc. I reviewed its block diagram and found it typically the same as ATMEL 24RF08, with one missed pin (PROT) which I found out it works as a protection for the chip. Since the missing port is always set high and it it was not exist in the 24C64L, I assumed that both chips are identical and proceeded with the instruction shown in the post anyway. Since it did not work, then they were not identical. I was upset and tried to find an alternative solution, and run through the Universal EEPROM Programmer, a device that you can buy, and I thought if I got it and took my eeprom out of the board and tried to refresh it or write its information from scratch, with no password of course, it might actually work. BUT since I did several trials and non has worked and I still have my laptop NOT damaged, I thought it would be a good idea to ask some professional first.... Any help ? would the eeprom burner work as a final solution? or should I give up and just send my system board to IBM ??

Thank you
Mohamed Elnamaky
Thinkpad t42p
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Alternative 24RF08 Reader than the KeyMaker Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad t42p that unfortunatley has a supervisor password set.

After reading a thoroughly around the forums, I found this wedsite:

http://www.passwordmethod.com/

It seems that someone other than joe in australia has created a 24RF08 Reader and is also selling it...

Was wondering if anybody has any experience with this alternative device?

Thanks
allservice
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mnamky:
The 24C64 eeprom contains only the Broadcom NIC firmware, the password is in the PC8394T-VJG.

@Thinkpad T42:
The website you mentioned is just selling interfaces, I guess the software proposed there is R24RF08/W24RF08 which is allservice.ro property. We agreed with the owner to let him put our banner there. Please read also the first post in this thread for more info.

I guess this topic has reached a good milleage and is already the most visited in this board. Anyway, I think everything has been said in this matter and I will ask Tom, our beloved administrator, to take it to a glorious end. (But I hope it will remain sticky)

If anybody will have questions about this subject, I will try to reply to any PM in my box or to give my humble support in the forum.

Thanks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: