• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

USB Portable Storage

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chozen1
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: USB Portable Storage Reply with quote

Hey all,

My company recently bought us all a 'Pen Drive' each, these wonder sticks can store up to a Gig on a Flash Memory stick. They interface from the USB and only need drivers on systems 95/98/98se./

Mine is a 256Mb model was about £80. But is 1 Gig enough!

But check this monster out.

Its a AnyPak USB portable HD, can store up to 60Gig. Its the smallest in the world.

The URL to purchase one in the UK is :

http://www.onlinesystems-store.co.uk/

But you can purchase them all over the world the company that makes them is Korean.

At £144 for a 20Gig version, I'll have one soon.

cya

Chozen1
Tom Bair
SF Boss
SF Boss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked over those 'Pen Drives' and rejected them.

I have two digital cameras which use Smart Media cards. As I buy newer, bigger, cards for my camera (currently have 256 MB for both) I wonder what to do with the old 128 MB cards.

Solved the problem by buying a couple of Smart Media Card Readers for $30 US. They plug into a USB port and are configured as Removable Media Drives. They are also hot-swappable as well. Haven't had a data-glitch on any of the cards in over two years (to date).

I am watching prices on 256MB cards come down again and am thinking of buying a few more just for data storage.

True, I can't wear the things around my neck, but they do slip rather well into a shirt pocket.

Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: