• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Video Card screwed up

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades

View previous topic :: View next topic  
delete852
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Video Card screwed up Reply with quote

Man....what a wasted day. listen i got another problem, after installing Direct X 8.1 and running this game my screen contrast and brightness went WAY up, not everything is so bright that it is hard to see the screen. I have no idea how to fix it i have been trying for an hour now. I have SiS 630/730, and before I had 5.14.*.* drivers, but I had to reformat so now I am stuck with 5.13.1.2084. I went to manufacturer web site but they made some changes and it is not there, I tried downloading other drivers but they didn't do the trick.

THis happened before all i had to do is right click on desktop>properties>Settings>Advances> and then there would appear an SiS custon tab where i was able to set contrast and brighnes, and now it is not there, I assume because of the wrong version of the drivers. Any idea? Is there a way to tweak windows to change it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ComSec
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried....my computer....properties...device manager.....delete your video card drivers...re-boot....should re-install drivers....might prompt you for the disc

Last edited by ComSec on Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
delete852
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ll try that hold on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
delete852
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I tried this and it didn't work, I also tried goin to safe mode and looking around. This sucks. The installer sais to restart but never comes back up.
ComSec
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you just up-graded to a new OS then try these download links......

http://www.ecs.com.cn/download/driver_vga_d.htm

think your on 2000.....not sure...anyway if not and on XP

another link

http://www.fcsweb.net/cyberdrivers.net/cyberdriver.asp?go=driverprofile&driverID=160
delete852
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I am on windows 2000 server but the thing is that it worked after i upgraded, but it doesn't work any more and i am getting pissed off. I don't know but the software wouldn't install.
ComSec
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if it was working then......can you restore to that point

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Hardware // Upgrades All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: